Since its start in 1992, Prometheus has been known for creating high quality, stylish cigar products. The company is named after Prometheus, a Titan in Greek mythology who favored mankind over the gods. Legend has it that he stole fire from Zeus and gave it to us mortals, which did not please old Zeus. For his "crime", Prometheus was punished by being bound to a rock while a great eagle attacked him daily. The logo used by the Prometheus company represents this mythical story.
Although the Prometheus company started out as a cigar lighter company it has since expanded its product collection to include humidors, ashtrays, cigar cutters, and leather cigar cases.
The Prometheus humidor collection consists of six different series: Limited Edition (Collector's Item), Platinum Series (150 cigar size, rare and luxury veneers, superb quality), Milano Series (50 and 100 cigar sizes, great quality and value), Octagon Series (50 and 100 cigar sizes, 8-sided, great quality and value), Travel Series (10 cigars, protective travel case), and Compact Portable Series (no humidifier needed, affordable).
We are an authorized retailer for Prometheus.
Reasons to buy the Rosewood Octagon Series humidor
- Beautiful striped Rosewood wood
- Spanish cedar interior
- Nickel-plated brass "Prometheus" plate attached to front for a stylish modern look
- Prometheus Optima humidifier pretreated with Special Control Solution to control evaporation of distilled water
- Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer
- Magnetic attachment system that affixes the humidifiers and hygrometer to the back of the humidor (eliminates need for velcro or sticker)
- Spanish cedar dividers
- Nickel-plated hinges (left hinge engraved with the year of production)
- Very easy setup process --- includes manual
- Manufacturer provides a 90-day warranty covering manufacturing defects
- We assist you in filing warranty claims
- 50-count: 12" x 9.87" x 5"
- 100-count: 17" x 10" x 5.2"
Reasons to Buy from Northwoods Humidors
- We are an authorized retailer for Prometheus
- Outstanding reviews from previous customers
- Read these testimonials (click here)
- Also, you can email or call us with questions anytime (click here)
- We assist you with warranty claims for life---we provide receipts, claims contact info, and filing assistance
- Fast and free UPS Ground shipping on most products
- No sales tax (except orders shipped to Illinois)
- 30-Day Money Back Gaurantee (click here)
- Manufacturer's 90-Day Warranty.
- You will have peace of mind when you buy from us because we assist you in filing a warranty claim with the manufacturer should you need to.
- Other retailers do NOT provide this service.
- We will be with you from the start of the process by providing you with the warranty contact info and a receipt of your purchase to file a claim.
- We will be in contact with you during the claims process to make sure you receive the service you deserve.
- Your Prometheus humidor passed all demanding tests and inspections set by Prometheus Quality Control. Prometheus International, Inc., the manufacturer, warrants the mechanism and construction of your Prometheus humidor to be free of manufacturing defects under normal use.
- If your Prometheus humidor has any manufacturing defect, Prometheus will repair your Prometheus humidor at no charge for the period of 90 days from the retail purchase date. However, you must pay for the shipping charge to send your humidor to the Prometheus Service Center. The 90-day Prometheus warranty covers mechanism and construction only and excludes any damage resulting from accident, misuse, tampering or abuse. The outer finish of your humidor is not covered under this warranty. This limited warranty also does not cover damage resulting from failure to maintain, clean or use your humidor in accordance with the manufacturer's instruction.
- In order to preserve the aesthetics of the outer finish, please do not put any objects such as coins and keys on top of your humidor, or expose the humidor to direct sunlight or track/spot lighting.